Monday, January 28, 2008

Why Not Just Call?

Paul and Reza discuss why Paul wrote a novel instead of picking up the phone. This back and forth is taken from the original blog post comments.




Monday, January 21, 2008 8:04:00 AM: Reza said...

What!?!?!
I can't believe you have time to write that response but you don't have time to discuss it over the phone! Boo.

We are talking about two different things here:
1) accuracy (or lack thereof) and
2) effective communication and persuasiveness.

Let's talk offline. Setup a time.
R



Monday, January 21, 2008 10:51:00 AM: Paul said...

It was the night of the second greatest game in Giant's History!!! I realize that I don't care but I figured you'd be watching!!!

So yes, yes I'll call...

My starting position for our future conversation is that they are not completely separate topics. Accuracy, simplicity and effective presentation are inexorably linked.

Talk to you soon my brother!


Some Friends Voice a Preference

The next day a bunch of our friends got on our case about taking the debate offline. We agreed to keep posting, thus this blog was born.

Frankly I (Paul) was glad to keep it on-line. I've debated Reza live, and it's not a fair match. I've lost a debate with him where he agreed with me but took the other side just for fun.

No comments: